Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why I Came Back

Several years ago I became a regular blogger on Yahoo 360. This was something I came to enjoy a great deal. Blogging was a way to put those thoughts that swirled around in my head into print for myself as well as others to read. I was encouraged when I developed a small group of followers who were, as myself, sad to see Yahoo 360 close down.

Many of us went to Facebook, but I didn't find that forum compatible with my own blogging needs. So, I let a very important and creative outlet slip through the pages of Facebook while the number of my friends (many relatives) continued to climb. I did not want to lose contact with people who have been an important part of my online life for many years. 


One of my interests is recording and analyzing my dreams, and recently I've been directed to once again take up this valuable outlet of blogging. Recent encouragement from friends helped me take up the mantle and go with whatever comes to me to share with others. 

I can't guarantee I won't ruffle some feathers, and I have no problem with readers expressing opposing views. In fact, I encourage it, for myself and for anyone else who takes the time to read my blogs. However, what I won't tolerate is verbal putdowns from close-minded people who can see only their own views or beliefs. 

Possibly later today, I will write my first official blog. In the past I have chosen topics from books I have read or topic cards that share positive messages to begin the day. Sometimes I will awaken to what I call a Soul Song in my head. These I often share on Facebook, but I may share the messages in my blog. I can't say "anything goes", yet in the interest of sharing and learning, it might make it's way to just that. Much will depend on feedback.

I encourage any and all positive, as well opposing, views. Let's just, please, keep it civil and well-intentioned.  

2 comments:

  1. It's always been a pleasure reading your posts, soI'm very glad you are back to blogging! I've missed your posts so much since Yahoo360. I basically use Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family. Like you, I didn't want to lose contact with some wonderful people I met on Yahoo360. Welcome back to the blogosphere, Lizzie. Filakia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anastasia mou! It's strange, I kinda knew my readers at Y360, but I'm starting all over again, so it will be interesting to see where it goes. I'm so glad you continued blogging. Although I don't always comment, I do enjoy your blogs and photos of your exciting life in Cypress!

    ReplyDelete